IMMO is Europe’s first technology-led residential real estate platform, designed to create quality portfolios of existing single-family rental (SFR) housing at speed and scale.
We’ve built a unique end-to-end solution, providing institutional partners with sourcing, acquisition, portfolio management, lettings and property management, enabling them to drive performance and maximise returns.
Founded in 2017, we have assembled an experienced team of 130+ which includes successful entrepreneurs and industry leaders with expertise from McKinsey, Goldman Sachs, Blackstone, Uber, HSBC, Amazon, Procter & Gamble, BlackRock, Morgan Stanley, Google and many more.
We have an established presence in the UK, Germany, Spain, and India and have been awarded “Tech Pioneer” by the World Economic Forum.
Our leadership team
We’re committed to making IMMO a great place to work, for ourselves and our investors.
- Hans-Christian ZappelCo-founder and Chief Executive OfficerHans-Christian ZappelCo-founder and Chief Executive OfficerHans-Christian is the Co-founder and Chief Executive Officer of IMMO Capital. He is an entrepreneur, investment professional, venture and distress specialist and award-winning innovator. Prior to starting IMMO, Hans-Christian co-founded Knomi, a London-based retail technology startup that revolutionised the in-store shopping experience for customers of brick-and-mortar retailers. In 2016, Hans-Christian was recognised by Forbes as ’30 under 30’ for his role as a leading entrepreneur and commerce innovator. Before Knomi, Hans-Christian worked as an investment professional covering distressed investing, restructuring and M&A.
- Samantha KempeCo-founder & Chief Investment OfficerSamantha KempeCo-founder & Chief Investment OfficerSamantha is the Co-founder and Chief Investment Officer of IMMO Capital. She has 16+ years of real estate experience and is a Chartered Surveyor, MRICS in Real Estate Finance and Investment. In 2010, she was fast-tracked to one of PwC’s youngest managers in their Business Recovery team before moving into private equity at The Blackstone Group. Her real estate specialism includes investment analysis, execution of both value-add asset management and workout strategies of direct real estate, and real estate loans for institutional investors. Samantha holds a MSc in Real Estate Investment (Distinction) from Kingston University and has an MBA from London Business School.
- Avinav NigamCo-founder and Chief Operating OfficerAvinav NigamCo-founder and Chief Operating OfficerAvinav is the cofounder and chief operating officer of IMMO where he oversees the business, technology and organisation. He has over 16 years of experience at building industry leading tech companies and has previously held leadership positions at Procter & Gamble and Walt Disney. Avinav has multi-sector experience in assembling high performance organisations from scratch to several thousands.
- Thomas FuehrichHead of Legal and ComplianceThomas FuehrichHead of Legal and ComplianceThomas is the Head of Legal and Compliance at IMMO Capital and a founding member of the company with extensive knowledge of German real estate law and European financial regulation. He is a qualified lawyer in Germany, England and Wales with 10+ years of international private law and regulatory experience. Before IMMO, he was the Head of Regulatory and Financial Compliance at Raisin GmbH and acted as counsel for Volterra Fietta, a boutique law firm specialising in International Law and Dispute Resolution. Previously, Thomas was a Research Fellow at Max Planck Institute for Comparative and International Private Law, Hamburg & St. Catherine’s College, University of Oxford.
- Lasse ChristensenVice President, StrategyLasse ChristensenVice President, StrategyLasse is Vice President of Strategy at IMMO Capital and a founding member. He is responsible for IMMO’s Strategy and Growth efforts while also managing Data and Market Intelligence. Previously, Lasse was Director at the Digital Agency Lion & Lion, responsible for winning and managing significant accounts like Google, L’Oreal and Nestle while building a successful analytics and marketing function. Before this, Lasse worked as a management consultant at QVARTZ (part of Bain & Company), conducting strategy projects across Scandinavia and Germany.
- Ksenia BelovaHead of SustainabilityKsenia BelovaHead of SustainabilityKsenia Belova is Head of Sustainability and Chief of Staff at IMMO, driving environmental, social and governance initiatives across the business. Ksenia has over 18 years of experience in the financial services industry, including at BlackRock and Federated Hermes, with particular expertise in alternative investment funds.
- Mariyam DahodwalaHead of Investor CapitalMariyam DahodwalaHead of Investor CapitalMariyam is Head of Investor Capital at IMMO with over 10 years of investment banking and capital raising experience. Having previously worked at Goldman Sachs, Mariyam has advised blue chip companies and founder-led startups on M&A and capital raising transactions worth over $20+ billion. Mariyam has extensive experience in executing capital raising transactions including investor targeting, positioning, marketing, valuation & structuring, diligence and final deal negotiations.
- Ian PlattHead of Investment OperationsIan PlattHead of Investment OperationsIan is the Head of Investment Operations at IMMO Capital and has over 9 years of real estate experience. In 2011, Ian joined AEW Capital Management, one of the largest real estate asset managers in the world, managing over $70 billion. He started in the US office overseeing property level reporting for multi-family investments in the Core Fund, then serving in the Asset Management function focusing on value-add investments. In 2015, he transferred to Hong Kong to help grow the AEW Asia office and assist the team in launching their first Asia focused fund including Portfolio Management and Investment acquisitions. After his time at AEW, Ian started his own retail business in Hong Kong, focusing on the recycling of unused currency coins. He is a Certified Public Accountant, MSA in Accounting.
- Charlie PushmanHead of FinanceCharlie PushmanHead of FinanceCharlie is Head of Finance at IMMO Capital with over 14 years of experience in finance and operations. This includes 5 years in investment banking (specialising in structured trade products) and 2 years as a commercial advisor at the Cabinet Office, helping structure and launch a pan-Government public-private joint venture Charlie has been specialising in residential real estate for a number of years, including advising UK local authorities on how to scale their residential portfolios for social housing. Charlie holds an MBA from London Business School and is a CFA Charterholder.
- Ben GriffithsDirector, EngineeringBen GriffithsDirector, EngineeringBen is Director of Engineering at IMMO Capital and has spent over 15 years applying software to business problems, from financial modelling for an equity research team, through data mining to establish major donor fundraising strategy at a national charity. More recently, his experience includes full-stack development and the architecture of large-scale financial and legal services software.
- Dawid BaranowskiHead of Lettings & Consumer RevenueDawid BaranowskiHead of Lettings & Consumer RevenueDawid is the Head of Lettings and Customer Revenue at IMMO, building and monetizing the resident brand and experience. Dawid has over 10 years of cross-functional experience in real estate and proptech, having built sales and operations functions, as well as leading product development and design in previous roles. Prior to joining IMMO, Dawid founded a market-leading lettings and real estate advisory firm in Italy; and created a property management platform with a Seedcamp-backed startup.
We manage the entire real estate value chain from end-to-end
We have offices in the UK, Germany, Spain and India.
Strong team, made up of diverse cultures with one single mission.
In capital commitments to deploy strategically across Europe.
Where you’ll find us
2H Woodstock Studios
36 Woodstock Grove
London, W12 8LE
In line with our commitment to sustainability, IMMO is a signatory to the UN Principles for Responsible Investment and is a corporate member of the Urban Land Institute.
Want to join the new generation of real estate investment technology?
In the news
If you’re looking for a press kit or have a media inquiry, please visit our Press page for more information.